Friday, June 23, 2017

Roasted Veggies

I had a friend over for dinner last night and I roasted a chicken breast (wrapped in a pineapple peel, which of course I forgot to photograph) and a bunch of veggies.  That was a perfect meal for the two of us.  Floated in the pool, talked, had a great meal.  It was a wonderful evening...one that doesn't happen often enough.

So...this morning when I opened my fridge, I saw all the rest of the veggies.  Since we're having pizza for dinner, I decided to roast some more veggies...some for lunch and some for the pizza (well, at least mine).

Here's my cast of characters:
cabbage - carrots - onion wedges - brussel sprouts - mini peppers

...and added tomatoes about half way through.

Out of the oven:

My lunch drizzled with a little balsamic:

Packaged for the fridge...some of which goes on pizza for dinner tonight:

There really isn't a recipe, but here's what I did...

Roasted Veggies
Preheat oven to 400 F (convection if you have it)

Place all veggies desired on to a baking sheet.  
Drizzle liberally with olive oil, salt & pepper.
Roast (approx) 30-40 minutes, checking frequently after about 20 minutes to get the doneness desired.

Personal preference - add tomatoes after 15 minutes of roasting.

TIP: I line my baking sheet with heavy duty foil, then put a pre-cut piece of parchment on top of foil. I think it cooks better, without sticking/burning on the baking sheet.  Plus clean up is a breeze!  I know some of you out there would rather just wash the sheet pan, and that's okay.  I'm just lazy.



No comments:

Post a Comment